The Trust has developed a disbursement programme to allocate funding to specific programmes and general grants.
This funding places emphasis on continuing staff education, but also equipment to improve efficiency and health outcomes.
Funding comes from the Trust’s investments and supports the hospital in areas where there is no government funding allocated.
The disbursement programme is as follows:
- Annual Junior Medical Trust Prize
- Annual Nursing Scholarships
- Annual Visitor Medical
- Annual Nursing Research Trust Prize
- Annual Travelling Nursing Scholarship
- Annual Travelling Medical Fellowship
- General Grants
A number of payments have been made to support staff undertaking tertiary studies
The PNHMT medical prize has been awarded to Dr. Caleb Lucas.
Grant McCullough, Erica Gleeson, Lisa Clince & James Camacaylan were joint recipients of the PNHMT nursing research prize and Lynnie Galloway was awarded the PNHMT midwifery research prize
- Hospital staff can access detailed information on each of the above programme categories by accessing Palmerston North Hospital Medical Trust information from the MDHB Staff Intranet under "Support Information & Resources" or search for "Palmerston North Hospital Medical Trust". Terms and conditions, criteria, forms, dates, etc are available on that site.
- Applications need to be submitted to the secretary two (2) weeks prior to the next scheduled Trustees’ Meeting - refer to the Contact Us page.
Patient Welfare - Staff Education